Credentials and Ordination
The process for Foursquare credentials
Do you feel called to formal ministry within The Foursquare Church? Whether you are called to serve at a local church, as an evangelist or even a missionary, here’s what it takes to get credentialed within The Foursquare Church.
- Have your Senior Pastor contact Cortney Howell at email@example.com, and request a license application form and recommendation forms.
- Return your application forms to the North Pacific District with the current application fee.
- Receive approval from your district to begin the process; your district will then assign a coach and enroll you in polity.
- Complete Foursquare polity course through online training and printed materials.
- When the coaching process is complete, the district will then assemble a licensing panel and conduct an interview.
- Upon the licensing panel’s recommendation, your district supervisor is responsible for giving approval for licensure and requesting final approval from the board.
In order to be licensed, candidates must receive an appointment to serve at a Foursquare church. Candidates who are serving in non-Foursquare appointments may pursue credentialing through Foursquare Association.
In order to be eligible for ordination you must hold a Foursquare US License for a minimum of 2 years. If you are an assisting minister, you must have approval from your Senior Pastor in order to pursue ordination. The ordination ceremony takes place every year at our District's Fall Conference. Contact Cortney Howell at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.